sLab research projects investigate innovation options and alternative futures across a range of interrelated domains. The research program is demand-driven, needs-based, and underwritten by research contracts, grants, participation by faculty, students and our community, and base institutional support.
sLab's methodogical approach reflects the values and priorities of our learning community:
- Systemic Design — Problem finding, framing & solving that is human-centred, life-affirming & systems-savvy
- Creative insight — For platforms, policies, systems and services that are accessible, intelligible & equitable
- Horizon scanning — Tracking change in social, technological, economic, ecological, political & values spectra
- Participatory Foresight — Collectively exploring, questioning, pluralizing & shaping the futures
- Anticipatory planning — Understanding impacts is key to our guiding philosophy