Kaveh Ashourinia has worked as a communication designer since 2004. His work integrates multiple modalities including editorial design, time-based media, photography and typeface design.
Kaveh holds a Bachelor of Graphic Design from Tehran, Iran, where he worked with Perso-Arabic script and, after moving to Canada, Latin script. The experience of working with and between these two distinct writing systems was a motivational point for Kaveh's exploration into designing, understanding, and researching the role of script systems in social inclusion and literacy rates in distinct societies.
- Communication design with focus on typography and editorial design
- MDes, Inclusive Design, OCAD University; Toronto, Canada
- Graphic Design; OCAD University; Toronto, Canada
- BDes, Graphic Design, Sooreh University; Tehran, Iran
- Cross-cultural and bi-scriptual typography and type design
- Non-Latin writing systems in context of literacy